From: Naresh H. Singh
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: NYC: Alarm/Stereo and Tint Shop Recommendations??
Date: Friday, August 28, 1998 10:02AM

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for some first hand recommendations on where to go to have
my
windows tinted and an alarm put into my '95 Jetta from those who have
been
there done that. I'm really picky about who works on my car as I'm sure
most of you are. Looking for shops primarily in Brooklyn or Queens but
will go out to Long Island or surrounding areas if necessary.

On the tint, I'm gonna go with Sungard 35% all around. Best price I've
gotten is $149 but attention to detail and experience is whats important
with tint, so I'd go with a shop someone was happy with regardless of
price. (Summer is almost over, so I may wait on this)

With the alarm, I'm open to suggestions. My dealer's service manager is
against installing anything aftermarket he thinks the factory system is
adequate but I want a shock sensor. I've had too many cars in past hit
during the night on the streets of New York. Looking at the AKES system,
its nice, has the shock option, kinda pricey though. Also looking at
Prestige, DEI stuff, Clifford, etc. up to $300. Let me know what you
have,
how much paid, and where done.

Thanks in advance,
 -Naresh

'95 Jetta GL

ps: I think it would be useful if we came up with a recommended shops
    listing for repair shops, installers, etc. based on our experiences.
    What do you guys think??