Re: ghost window

At 01:24 PM 8/16/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I have had my 98 glx since January first of this year.  I don't have any
>complaints , it is an awesome car.  I have been having problems with my
>passenger side front window.  It seems to have a mind of it's own.
>Sometimes I try to close it and it rolls up fine, other times it rolls
>up, and then back down to its open position. right where it was before.
>It is annoying, but I really don't care all that much.  I am just glad
>that I have a glx.  I am wondering if this is a common problem?  Is it
>fixed without any reoccurances?
>
>jeremy brandow 98 red glx

Jeremy, This is an easy one. The pinch protection is activating. First
start with the window all the way up. Put the window down without stopping.
Now put the window up without stopping. Now using the wind down feature
put the window down. Now put the window up. It should work without
reversing direction. The pinch protection knows exactly the distance
between up and down. If the window should bind for a split second the
control unit interprets this as a jam and reverses the window. If after
setting the travel distance and there is still a problem bring it to the
dealer because the frame is too tight and causing the window to bind.
To date I have never had to straighten any window frames on cars with pinch
protection. Usually resetting the window travel settings works.

Don