Re: Lights-On chime

At 11:48 PM +0000 8/7/98, cyng wrote:
>>Wow I have 95' as well and I don't get any chime to leaving lights on. My
>>problem is that I drive with FOG's all the time. I figure what the hell if I
>>have DRL then the FOG's might as well be on...looks cooler. =} Gives me -1hp
>>too. =}
>>
>>THERE'S A SEAT BELT LIGHT?
>
>I WAS WRONG! DOH!
>   Well, only partially.
>   Okay. You know the cluster of idiot lights under the dials? Brake wear
>sensor light (big dotted circle - orange), E-brake-in-on light (BRAKE -
>red), and so forth. Well, there's a picture of a guy wearing a seatbelt,
>in red. Okay. I experimented this morning before I left for work. I got
>in the car. I turned it on. The light and the chime came on (the chime
>is identical to the turning-the-car-on chime - do mi fa do mi fa do mi fa

Actually, I think it's do fa la, do fa la (C F A, etc.)

I could be wrong on the actual notes, but the tones are relatively correct.
Just in case someone asks, you can hum the right notes to the music.

Do do do fa laaaa do do do fa laaa!
La cu ca ra cha   la cu ca ra cha !

Now you wonder why they call it the cucaracha sound. :)

-Khan

--
Khan Klatt
1997 VW Jetta GLX, Emerald Green