Re: '98 Passat Testdrive

> From: George Achorn <coolidge@tidalwave.net>
> I testdrove the Passat today. It's nice, but much bigger than the J. I'll
> probably opt for the A4 (or maybe S4:) when I get around to replacing the
> Jetta.

I've only had my Jetta for three weeks but I've already picked out my next
car (in another 101 weeks when my lease is up).  I'll take an A4 (or S4)
too, Quattro Wagon V6 manual trans (and a trailer hitch) for me, thank you
very much.  Then I can unload my 150k '87 Quantum Syncro, which I use as my
snow car, to haul things untrunkable (like my parents' big new TV), and to
tow things like a motorcycle or a sofa (in a trailer of course, $8/day from
U-haul).  I wouldn't mind a Passat Syncro Wagon V6 since it is bigger and
cheaper, but I don't think it's as attractive as the Audi, and more
importantly, from what I've heard it won't be available with a manual
trans.

- -Chris