Re: Volkswagon CD changer

I'm with Eric.  I just installed a Blaupunkt Aspen cassette head unit with remote
and 10 disc CD changer from Crutchfield in my 95 GLX.  They gave me the wiring
harness and installation diagrams and  instructions.  It was the easiest stereo
install I've ever done.  In my last car, an 84 Audi 4000, I installed a Kenwood
Head and CD Changer, 7 Infinity speakers and 3 amps. So I guess you could say I've
done this before. :-)

Oh, the whole Blaupunkt set cost around $500.  That's less than what VW wants for
the 6 disc changer and installation. If you buy both together you get a $50
discount on the Changer and you have the option of buying from return stock as
well, which could cut another $60 or so off the total price.  These item's have
been returned and are bench tested and come with a full warranty. Oh, and any thing
you buy from Crutchfield can be returned in 30 days for a full refund no questions
asked. Try that at your local car stereo dealer! Before I went with the Blaupunkt,
I purchased a Clarion 6 disc changer for the factory head unit for $300 as well as
the Blau head and changer.  I plugged both in and sent back the one I didn't want.
It was great!!

The guy that I've worked with in the past at Crutchfield, and has been a great help
and lets me in on some good deals, is Garfield.  He's at 1-800-388-2911, x226.

Some people think their more expensive. But I've not found this to be the in all
cases. And beside, the tech support and free installation kits and instructions are
worth the minor extra expense.

Later,

Joe