Re: Volkswagon CD changer

Erik,

>What major mods? I have a Clarion in dash cd player in my jetta. Jetta's
>CD players are DIN size, like all aftermarket components. If you order
>your aftermarket cd player from www.crutchfield.com, they will give you
>a free wire harness adapter, so that you don't need to cut wires or
>anything like that. Just plugs right in and looks great.

I guess I didn't phrase my question exactly right. I meant that I didn't
want to have to run all kinds of new stuff likes wires, find new power
sources, etc... I was interested in what particular model you got, but if
all of their models are DI
N sized, I guess it doesn't really matter?  And you're right about
crutchfield. I just ordered the CDC605 (for the wife's car) and  the
adaptor worked great and it hooked right up, no problem. Probably give them
another call for my car. Sorry about the confusion and thanks for the info.

Steve Saulnier
95 GTi VR6
96 GLX (hers)