'97 Front Calipers

Has anyone replaced the front pads on a '97 VR6 yet?

Next question... If you did, how in the hell did you get those
anti-vibration spring clips back in?

I just painted my calipers with the FoliaTec caliper paint kit (nice
finish, BTW) and I removed the spring clips to avoid making them look like
they were painted by a moron (all apologies to anyone who has painted the
spring clips or the pads  ;).  I have already repainted (touched up) one
caliper because the clips galled the finish.

Does anyone know of any tricks, or maybe a tool that would make this an
easier task? I'd hate to think of wrestling with these stupid things every
time I change the pads out. Don? Mark? Anyone????

Doug