Re: [Fwd: I be Gettin a Jetta GLX]

First let me apologize for feeling the need to reply,

    Volkswagen of North Attelboro is an Excellent Dealership who like
ourselves is a Single point VW Dealer and we also recommend that you
always shop at least 3 Dealerships and arm yourself with as much
information as possible before doing so.
    Also Mr. Rizzolo points out the fact that our Sales Department has
much to learn I agree. I consider myself fortunate that there are such
experts on this list as Mr. Rizzolo as this all helps our constant quest
to avoid unsatisfied customers. For the record our dealership also
consistently rates as the Top in the district as a leader in customer
satisfaction which is one of the reasons that 2 of our Sales people
recently won the use of a New 98 Passat.
    Once again I apologize for the post of this message and it is
unfortunate that our efforts to decode a quote received by a fellow list
member resulted in the voicing of an opinion that portrays us in a bad
way.

> At 01:07 AM 10/24/97 +0000, you wrote:
> >
> >Hi Jeremy,
> >
> >Welcome to Scott Volkswagen Land. Thanks for your inquiry regarding
> the new
> >Jetta GLX. I doubt your dealer will be able to produce a car for you
> at the
> >numbers he is quoting. If this ends up being the case please let me
> know.
> >You might be able to get a non leather car for these numbers though.
> >

> Hmmm... Scott VW... the words bring about bad memories. If your in the
>
> RI/eastern Ma area, try VW of N. Attleboro. I received MUCH better
> service
> and a much better price on my 97 GLX there.
>
> Scott's service department is good, but the sales department has a bit
> learn.
>
> You probably know this already but check Edmunds, Kelly Bluebook and
> Carpoint for dealer invoice prices and have them with you when you cut
> your
> deal. They undermine the dealer's leverage and in some cases, leave
> them
> speechless to the fact you know far more about the car than they do.
>
> -Dave Rizzolo
>  97 GLX black on black leather

Mark Bamberry,
General Sales and Web Manager.