Broken Trannie and the law (READ THIS!)

Your opinion is also the law.  Straight out of my Business Law book:

Chapter 20:  Sales and Lease Warranties

Implied Warranty of Merchantability

Implied BY LAW if the sellor or lessor is a merchant (aka dealership)

Implied that the goods
1.  Are fit for the ordinary purposes for which they are used.
2.  Are adequately contained, packaged, and labeled.
3.  Are of an even kind, quality, and quantity within each unit.
4.  Conform to any promise or affirmation of fact made on the container
or label.
5.  Pass without objection in the trade.
6.  Meet a fair average or middle range of quality for fungible goods.

This law holds true the day you buy it, and till the car runs out of
Lemon Law coverage (usually 10000k miles or 1 year).  In other words,
you tell VW either they fucking pay for your goddamn car or you will sue
them for breach of warranty under [UCC 2-314(1), UCC 2A-212(1)]
UCC= United States Civil Code

God I love the law :)

Mark Radelow
VW Jetta Homepage
http://jetta.aosi.net

>From: "Myron Ybarra" <YbarraRonTracey@worldnet.att.net>
>To: "GTI VR6 group" <gti-vr6@dev.tivoli.com>,
>        "Brown, Jeff L" <brownjl@UH2184P01.DAYTONOH.ncr.com>
>Subject: Re: Blown Tranny/YOU'RE GETTING SCREWED
>Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 09:43:52 -0700
>
>YES " you are getting screwed.  VW and the dealership MUST prove that
you
>caused the failure.  I would not sign any waiver for future repairs on
my
>transmission if I were you.  My philosophy is you purchased the car
with
>tires, doors, and a warranty, all of which should work when needed.
Not