Chip in paint ? and cargo net !

My first post to this list, I have just been lurking.
Two things, first a cargo net story and fact and second a question.
I have a 97 GLX which the dealer said was going to come with a cargo
net.  It did not and when I realized
this and went to complain the company (which had been around for 20+
years) stopped selling VWs.
I called VW of America and it turns out that the cargo net is not a VW
part but one that dealers get on there own.
You can not even buy one from VW.
Next on my list is a small problem.  I have a nick in my pain from a
rock that got shot up at me.  It did not dent
anything but went through the paint and I can see the metal turning
brown.  Could someone please tell me what
I can do to fix this.  The nick is the size of the head of a pin.  I
don't want to get touchup paint and have it rust
underneath.  Should this not have happened?
- --
    _/_/_/_/    _/_/_/_/    _/  Webpoet and Moosh
      _/        _/        _/_/  "how do you know I'm mad?" Alice
     _/         _/      _/  _/  "You must be or you wouldn't have
    _/          _/    _/_/_/_/   come here."-Cheshire cat
_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/   _/      _/   isa@philabs.research.philips.com
My views are not those of my employer, mother or my fiancee.