sh*tty lease terms (long)

I have been trying to lease a new 1998 GLX for a few weeks now.  I
have been going through Auto-by-Tel on the internet.  This last Saturday
I finally got into the dealer.  A guy named Ernie contacted me, and we
set a meeting for 11:00 Saturday morning, but get this.  I got to the
dealer and Ernie passed me off to anouther person there, who wasn't even
part of Auto-by-tel.  I didn't think to much of it.  I checked out a few
GLXs.  He showed me one that was a 98 white, tanleather, automatic,
(crap).  It had all that I wanted except for the auto.  They were asking
23,599 for it.  The price seemed pretty high, and I didn't like the auto
so he showed me more.  We then came upon a 98 demo,  The owner of the
dealership's grandson was driving it for transpertation.  It had all
that I wanted including a manual trany.  It also had 2,300 miles.  I
thought cool, right a 98 that I can get for a used price.
  We then got inside and started to work the numbers.  I walked in there
with a 95 neon sport coupe.  They said they would pay it off for me,
(8k) and I would start out clean.  The way the deal paned out was this.
I had to come up with 2,800 down.  My lease term would have been 60
months.  My monthly payment would be 365 a month, and my milage would
have been 12k a year.
  Guess what they were trying to sell me the car for?...  26,000..What!!
26,k for a used 1998.  I had 5 guys hanging over me with pens in their
hands, yelling at me to sign on the dotted line.  Asking for my credit
cards for a down payment.
  I asked to see their dealers invoice, but they declined.  I ended up
walking out.  Part of the problem might have been that I am 21 years
old.  The were trying to take advantage of me!
  Damnit, I just want a 98 GLX for 300-350 a month with 1000-1500 down,
and a lease term of 39 months with 15k miles a year.  Am I asking too
much?
   I hate Auto-By-Tel.
   Jeremy Brandow