Disabling Air Bags

Since the Federal Government is allowing the installation of shut off
switches if your car has an air bag will you op for the installation at a
preminum price.

I am a Master VW/Audi technician working in a VW/Audi/Porsche dealership.
I know for a fact the the passanger air bag can be deactivated. It is done
by changing the ECM coding with the VAG 1551.

We are currently undergoing a large air bag control unit up date on All
Audi's with air bags up to the current model year.

We are removing the triggering unit and power reserve, and installing a new
control unit with everything built in. Once it is finished the air bag is
now current with the latest tech.

In my opinion this new control unit  will have the ability to be
deactivated. When and if ever the information is released is entirely up to
VWOA.  I for one hopes VW doesnot comply with the new air bag disconnect
switch. This opens up a can of worms and I don't want to fall in.

Don