Re: VR6 30,000 mile maintenance -Reply

At 04:29 AM 11/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 97-11-18 17:40:47 EST, tfp@tsil.net writes:
><< Hey Vojin,
> I joined the VW club too and haven't used it once! I got a shirt (that
> doesn't fit)... I got an Road Atlas (which I already had)... I got a
> calling card (which I didn't need - fiancee works for phone company)... I
> got a sticker for my window which had the white colors in the VW logo
> streaked... I got the discount like you too. HOWEVER, my dealership
> (Day-Apollo, Coraopolis, PA) quarterly sends out coupons which blow the
> club ones away....  20 or 25% off parts AND labor! I've not gotten ANY
> benefit from the club. And why don't new owners get enrolled into the club
> for free anyway? I've bought other makes of vehicles and had similar
> offerings INCLUDED. I guess that's VW!
> Thom >>
>
>Why did you enroll???  Ask for a refund and be quiet.
>Erik

HEY ERICK,

Because it sounded like a great deal. Little did I know that VW would send
me coupons (with my local dealer's name on, but mailed by VW) that blew the
club's discount away. What I did know up front though was that since my car
was brand new and VW's accessories are grossly overpriced anyway, I
wouldn't be using the  discount anyway. Anyway, I gave the shirt away and
used the calling card so nix the refund. My post was just to make others
aware. If I had known this, I wouldn't have joined.....  comprende?

TFP