Re: Sound in Jetta

Bunmar@aol.com wrote:

> First of all, I'd like to say that I picked up my '98 GLX last week.  I
> traded in my '90 Corrado (only one tear).  Anyway, I've read some conflicting
> information on the speakers in the '98 GLX.  My question stems around how
> many speakers actually come in the car.  Quickly, I have only seen six
> speakers (two in dash, two in front doors and two in rear window deck).  I've
> seen listings for the GLX with 8 speakers and 10 speakers.  Somebody help me
> and let me know where the hell my speakers are!  Since I just got my car,
> work full time and go to school at night, I haven't had time to get very
> close to my car.
>
> Also, I was informed by the salesman that the car has an amplifier.  Where's
> this puppy located?  Another also, why doesn't my security light flash on the
> Bose head unit?
>
> Questions:
> 1. How many (location too) speakers does the '98 GLX Bose system come with?
> 2. Is there an amplifier and where is it located?
> 3. How come the light on my head unit doesn't flash (locked/protected)?
>
> Thanks all for your info!
>
> Chuck
> '98 GLX
> Black w/ Black Leather
> Bose
Chuck

You have found all of the speakers except the two little ones in the
rear deck.  Look from the outside of the car in the back window.  The
GLX only has 8 speakers.  The amplifier is under the rear deck.  Look in
the trunk or drop the rear right seat down and you will see it there.
By the way (a message to all) the fuse for the damn thing is above the
fuse box about 6".  A real paine to replace. (15 amp) If you turn your
radio on and get stations but no sound, this fuse has blown.  The light
on the head unit should only flash when the car is off.

Larry

97 GLX WHITE