Re: drl, why i have had it...

<< calling it a safety feature is
 bull shit. they say that you will notice it more than cars without it.  i am
 sorry, but i notice large moving vehicles coming at me just fine, i dont
 need to have lights shone into my eyes. >>

Chris:

I'm sorry, but I must disagree with you here.  I find that headlights on are
especially helpful on two lane roads when trying to pass.  I can see the
oncoming traffic much better at any time of the day.  Call me old (33), blind
(glasses), whatever, but I think the facts show this to be true.  Accidents
are reduced in areas where headlights on all the time, or when raining(IL),
is law.  Canada has had dlr for years.

However, that said, I have disabled the dlr's on my '95.  I like to be in
control of what I turn on when.  Usually, I turn my fogs on only as my "dlr".
 They are bright enough for the purpose, and are distinctive.  (I have the
Euro Switch).

Just my Opinion,  Steve.