New BMW 3-Series Sighting

Yea I know it's not VW-related Wally ;)

Last night driving home to LA from San Diego I was cruising on the 5
North in San Juan Capistrano..Anyways, I see a 540I-Sport with
Distributor plates...Okay no big deal.  but wait!  right in front of him
was a Z3 2.8 with dist plates and right in front of him was a 740il with
dist plates.  What sat in front of them was what appeared to be an A4.
I pull closer to check it out and it turned out to be a new-generation
BMW 3-Series.  What's there to say...Looks just like an A4.  Even the
way the rear curves out on the A4 is copied on the BMW. The dude noticed
I was checking the car out (I kinda was going around in circles checking
every angle on the car) so he stepped on it to get a way from me.....
(You sure can see those bright red BMW gauges at night!  redline there
he went)...Other than the looks all I can say is the it isn't faster
than a GLX ;)  I think it was a 2.8, has the twin pipe exhaust like the
current one.

Mark Radelow
VW Jetta Homepage
http://jetta.aosi.net