Re: Car dies -- FUEL PUMP

At 9:27 PM -0800 11/5/97, ken r weidmann jr. wrote:
>Steve,
>  It sounds as if your fuel pump is going.  I had mine replaced on my 95
>GLX because of the hard starting, but the symptoms sound very similar to
>the problem I had with my Scirocco and it was caused by the transfer fuel
>pump going bad.

Heh, my brand new GLX (8100 miles) had it's fuel pump die too. Symptom was
that the car would just barely start up and them immediately die. Wouldn't
matter if you held the ignition. The more you tried it, the more it would
die. You couldn't even flood the engine.

Got to drive a '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee as the loaner as it got fixed over
the weekend. Comfy ride, but was glad to get my GLX back! :)

- -Khan

Khan Klatt					   khan@pacificrim.net
Pacific Rim Network, Inc.			    (360) 650-0442 x13
http://www.khan.org			     http://www.pacificrim.net

       A member of the VERIO group of Internet Service Providers