Re: Performance chip

On Mar 27,  9:53am, jamie vondruska wrote:
> Subject: Re: Performance chip
> There are actually two things I would recommend. First replace your stock
> air filter with a K&N filter (available through New Dimensions). There are
> also several ways to modify your airbox so it "breathes better". Your other
> choice is a device called a "p-flow" (also available through New
> Dimensions) which actually replaces the whole airbox with a cone type
> filter for maximum air intake. This mod will make your engine sound a bit
> louder when you really get on the gas though. These mods could add roughly
> 2-6 additional horse power. (There is a lot of debate concerning this that
> would be very lengthy...)

A called Velocity Sport Tuning to order my K&N filter a few days ago.  They had
just received a shipment of ABT filters.  Basically the same thing, but claimed
to flow a little better.  (And they're blue and yellow instead of black and
white...)  They're typically more expensive than K&N, but they're having a
sale, and you can get them for less than the K&N (which is usually $45, I
think).

Also, you can clean the ABT filter with the K&N cleaning kit.

Just passing it on,

Dave
anderson@msai.mea.com

P.S.  I've heard stories that removal of the air-tube-extension in the top of
the stock airbox, plus the addition of a free-flow (K&N or ABT) filter gives
comparable gains to the P-flo, without the extra noise.  ...FWIW...