FW: Performance chip

TO: jettaglx@igtc.com

I put the Neuspeed after market chip in my 1996 GLX. I did this when I
first bought the car so I really don't have a good frame of reference to
compare what the car was like before I put the chip in vs. afterwards. At
the same time I put the chip in I also ripped out the airbox and put in
the Neuspeed P-Flow. I have been pretty happy with these two
modifications. The performance does seem to be better than stock.

When I put the chip in it cost me $199. If I had a 1995 GLX, the chip
would have cost me only $99, but I guess VW changed the specs on the chip
so the aftermarket chip manufacturers had to go out and design a new
aftermarket chip, Thus they were more expensive. Though, I have seen so
ads for the chips now and I believe they have come down in price. I
bought mine from New Dimensions in CA about a year ago. They were pretty
helpful over the phone.

I hope this helps out a bit...

Later,
Mitch