new member

hey folks,

Just joined the list tonite. I am currently a 91 Passat GL owner and former
rabbit and scirocco owner. However, I'm here trying to get some information
for my brother who is looking to trade his 87 GTI 16v in for a Jetta GLX.

As a list memeber on the Passat-L, and formerly on the Corrado-L too, i
know a few things about the VR6 and it's quirks. However, i don't know much
about the Jetta/Vento and was hoping I could get some info, so i could pass
it along to my brother before he buys.

Any info on this car as to it's weakness's or strengths that could help my
brother decide on what exactly to buy would be great. Options to stay away
from (leaky sunroofs or anything?) I know early on there had been concerns
made as to the Puebla plant and it's quality?

Thanks in advance.

Shaun
91 Passat GL
107K miles
Techtonics exhaust
Neuspeed P-chip
K&N filtercharger
84 GTI wheels

Shaun Sartin
Staff Photographer
The Topeka Capital-Journal

"Life is not about getting what you want, but wanting it after you get it."