Heated Seats question

Hi all,

Of course we all are familiar with the heated leather seats we have come to
love and cherish in our GLX's......but.......I think I have a stumper of a
question for u guys. What does the outside air temperature have to be at in
order for the heating element to be turned on? In other words, your heated
seats will not work during the summer because there is no need for them
because of the outside air temp. But, once it gets cold outside and the air
temp drops, your seats will begin to work. So, what is that outside cold air
temp that the GLX recognizes to tell it to let the seats start to heat? How do
I know there is a temp?, well after many inquiries to VW they told me there is
a certain cold air temp that allows the seats to work, but nobody knew what it
was. I will be very proud of our little list server if someone gets this one.
: )
Take care,
- -FlyinVR6@aol.com      '96 Jetta GLX VR6
\X/ Real Drivers Wanted \X/