Re: Heated Seats question

At 11:33 AM -0500 12/29/97, FlyinVR6 wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Of course we all are familiar with the heated leather seats we have come to
>love and cherish in our GLX's......but.......I think I have a stumper of a
>question for u guys. What does the outside air temperature have to be at in
>order for the heating element to be turned on? In other words, your heated
>seats will not work during the summer because there is no need for them
>because of the outside air temp. But, once it gets cold outside and the air
>temp drops, your seats will begin to work. So, what is that outside cold air
>temp that the GLX recognizes to tell it to let the seats start to heat? How do
>I know there is a temp?, well after many inquiries to VW they told me there is
>a certain cold air temp that allows the seats to work, but nobody knew what it
>was. I will be very proud of our little list server if someone gets this one.

???

I have a little dial on the right hand side of my steering wheel. If it's
set anywhere between 1-5, the heating elements are on- on if it's 98
degrees outside, or on if it's -15 degrees outside.

If it's set at 0, the heating elements are off- off if it's 98 degrees
outside, or off if it's -15 degrees outside.

Outside temperature doesn't make any difference on when the heating
elements come on in my GLX. The dials, however, do.

- -Khan

Khan Klatt					   khan@pacificrim.net
Pacific Rim Network, Inc.			    (360) 650-0442 x13
http://www.khan.org			     http://www.pacificrim.net

       A member of the VERIO group of Internet Service Providers