Re: HorsePower and Torque

<<<<<<<<<
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 12:27:55 -0800
From: DK <dkvarda@as.net>
Subject: Re: HoresPower and Torque

I was behind a brand new integra vtec the other day at aa stop light so I
thought I would try and get him to show me what he's got so I got as close
as I could without bumping him while stopped. I could see he was looking at
me in the mirror. He edged up, I followed by edging up  to his rear again.
As the light turned green we lit them up and off we went.I was attached to
his bumper like fly's on shit. He was unable to pull away and I was unable
to pass him. We got upto 120mph before having to slow down...Elevation was
about 2600, and I'm running a chip/K&N filter only. From the look on his
face , he was suprised... Of course he had this huge exhaust tip and GIANT
rear wing (as usual)...
FRom the test I have seen the Vtec integra (stock) is suppose to be
quicker/faster than a stock GLX...

the integra V-Tec is actually slower than the GLX.  also remember that not
all drivers are created equally.  when i got my '95 i raced a friend with a
94 V-tec.  i consistantly beat him.  we switched cars and he was beating me
by a smaller margin than when we were driving our own cars.

Don