Re: VR6 whine

My '97 also whine but I think it's in the engine.  When I rev the engine
with the car in neutral the whine pitch changes.  I'm wondering two things:

1. Should I wait till the car warms up and the whine goes away before I
drive it?
2. Maybe changing to synthetic engine oil would help.

Has anyone noticed that it is alittle harder to shift into second until the
car warms up?  Both my Mazdas had this problem.  I'm condidering changing
my tranny fluid to Redline MTL.

Any thoughts?

Mitch

email: mitchman@oneworld.owt.com