Re: they are taking back the GLX!

At 4:58 PM -0700 12/5/97, Jeremy Brandow wrote:

>  Well to give you an example.  The GLX I was looking at was 22k.  If I
>had put $3000 down on that car and then leased it for 48 months my
>monthly payment would have been $280.  My mile restriction would have
>been 12k a year.
>  The deal that the dealership had worked out for me was.  1800 down, 48
>month lease, 15k miles and 360 a month.
>  Cost is a real reason why I go with a lease, but the other is.  I find
>myself getting tired of my cars every 3-4 years.  In going with a lease
>I can afford the car for those 3-4 years, and also have the choice of
>having a brad new one at the end of my lease for about the same monthly
>payment.

Tough luck. I'd say just save up some more cash, make a bigger down
payment, and they might be willing to finance the rest.

So, assume you have already paid for the car, and put aside $280 every
month for four months, and you'll have another $1000 to put down on the
car. That will bring down your monthlies, and perhaps convince your
creditors to give you the deal.

Also, they might be refusing you for a reason that isn't legit! VCI
approved me, but my bank didn't because there was this incident that I was
sent to collections over, even though I paid my bill. So I called the
doctor that sent me to collections, had them contact and confirm that I had
paid my bill to the collections agency, and my credit is now all clean
again.

Make sure there isn't some hidden penalty on your credit report, and have
it taken care of before it damages you in the future.

The more of a downpayment you can make, the lesser your monthly rate, and
the better your chances of being approved for a lower lease.

Also, extend the lease to five years. That will bring down the monthlies,
and if you find a good job, get a raise, etc. you can always bail out early.

The nice thing about my "four month" plan to save up money for the
downpayment is that you'll get your new car RIGHT when spring time is in
full bloom, all the nicer to crank the stereo, open the moon-roof, and go
cruising in your new GLX! :)

- -Khan

Khan Klatt					   khan@pacificrim.net
Pacific Rim Network, Inc.			    (360) 650-0442 x13
http://www.khan.org			     http://www.pacificrim.net

       A member of the VERIO group of Internet Service Providers