Re: ABS on a '97 (again)

Wow,
Alot of surprising responses on this topic. My '96 GLX had the same problem
during the summer on one occassion. The light came on for a few hours, then
went out. Then a day or so went by with it off, then it came on again for a
couple of hours. I talked to the head of my local VW service dept., and he
told me that the mechanics can't even begin to look at it unless the light
comes on AND stays on. If this isn't the case then he suspected that just
some dust or dirt may have triggered a faulty reading temporarily. I know
these guys wouldn't bullshit me because they know I am friends with the owner
of the dealership. Anyway, the problem did go away by itself, and I have not
had one instance of the same problem recur since that time. No need to worry
unless the light stays on permanently.
Later all,
- -FlyinVR6@aol.com
\X/ Real Drivers Wanted \X/
p.s.- Thanx to all of u who payed a visit to my website!!...i'm glad everyone
enjoyed it.
http://members.aol.com/flyinvr6/indexvr6.html