Subject: Re: MSRP and Cost of the 97 GLX (long)
Author:  ANDREW_ATWELL@HP-PaloAlto-om20.om.hp.com at SMTPGATE
Date:    8/25/97 11:21 AM

     Sorry to depress you all but I bought my '95 Jetta GLX in May of '95
     brand spanking new with leather, winter package, floor mats etc. for
     $19,600 + tax and lincense.

Author:  Non-HP-csimpson (csimpson@zeltech.com) at HP-PaloAlto,mimegw6
Date:    8/25/97 11:09 AM

Funny you say that...  I was just at a dealer in Virginia Beach called
Greenbrier VW... and they had a "demo" Jetta GLX they were trying to
sell.  It was the only GLX on the lot... and I went ahead and test-drove
the vehicle... even-though it wasn't the color(exterior=Tornado Red/
interior=Black leather) that I prefered.  It already had 5,100 miles
but those jerks still wanted to sell the damn car for FULL PRICE
($24,000).
I told them there was no way they would ever sell me that car for that
price after those sales-people drove the hell out of it!  Why does car
shopping have to be such a pain in the ass!!!  It seems that no matter
where you go... you end up getting screwed...

- -Chuck Simpson...