Subject: Re: MSRP and Cost of the 97 GLX (long) -Reply
Author:  Vojin Janjic <vjanjic@mail.state.tn.us> at SMTPGATE
Date:    8/25/97 1:49 PM

>>> <ANDREW_ATWELL@hp-paloalto-om20.om.hp.com> 08/25/97
01:21pm >>>
>     Sorry to depress you all but I bought my '95 Jetta GLX in May of '95
>     brand spanking new with leather, winter package, floor mats etc. for
>     $19,600 + tax and lincense.

Good deal - just wanted to make one point not to confuse and/or depress
future GLX owners.  1995 model year had "winter package" (heated
seats, heated windshield wiper nozzles) as a standard equipment.

>interior=Black leather) that I prefered.  It already had 5,100 miles
>but those jerks still wanted to sell the damn car for FULL PRICE
>($24,000).
>I told them there was no way they would ever sell me that car for that
>price after those sales-people drove the hell out of it!  Why does car

And you are right to be upset - as far as I know, any vehicle with over
2,000 miles on the odometer can not be called "new" anymore.

The price they are asking is ridiculous, anyway.

Vojin