Re: Airbox mod completed

     John I think you are missing the point, these people removing the
     suitcase ARE looking for more noise.
     andy

Subject: Re: Airbox mod completed
Author:  Non-HP-jhamill (jhamill@tiac.net) at HP-PaloAlto,mimegw6
Date:    8/17/97 7:20 PM

Removing the suitcase is a large, huge mistake. VW (or perhaps Leistritz)
engineered this resonator extremely well I think. Good flow with a massive
low end and midrange noise reduction. They tuned it perfectly... Why second
guess VW?

Removing the suitcase will clearly show how loud and droney the VR6 is at
low and mid rpms.. try it. Also look at the dyno figures for probably the
best exhaust around, the TT 2.5" system. Only 1 or 2 hp through the rpm
range, You may pick up a max of around 5 at the very top, at the expense of
a lot more noise on the low end.

John