Subject: ANother Problem with my 97 GLX!
Author:  Non-HP-tfp (tfp@tsil.net) at HP-PaloAlto,mimegw6
Date:    8/15/97 6:17 PM

Hi Folks.... THom here... near Pittsburgh.
97 GLX... about 12k miles...
For the most part, I love it.... BUT...

I still have that annoying KEYLOCK problem.
Sometimes, my ignition key just won't work.
I sit there for up to a half hour trying.
But you've all heard that before.

Now, my door key will NOT close the sunroof.
It used to. In fact, the use of the key to open,
close windows, etc is REALLY not covered too
well in ANY of the books I got with my GLX.

Anyway, I'll see Jesus before the key will
close the sunroof now. I have to do it by
the roof mounted controls.

And by the way, I wonder if it was closing REALLY TIGHT
before.... At work one day, it rained cats & dogs.
The receptionist announced on the building intercomm:
"IF ANYBODY HAS THEIR WINDOWS OPEN, YOU BETTER ROLL THEM
UP... IT'S RAINING VERY HARD."  Very hard was an understatement.
I thought the paint would come off my car. IT REALLY POURED.
I was concerned though. I had my car buttoned up.... NOT!
I noticed some water on top of the roof sunscreen and droplets
on my BIBER BEIGE LEATHER!!!

FURTHERMORE, the light greysih roof material was water damaged.
I mean, discolored somewhat from the water. What will clean that
back to factory fresh? It pees me off!

Any suggestions???? Similar problems with the sunroof?

Thanks...
Thom