Re:

At 05:16 PM 8/5/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Doug,
>
>Your mod sounds great. I am interested in doing something similar to my
>95 GLX. But I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me?
>
>- How far did the mod lower your car?
>- What were the costs involved?
>- Did you do any of the work yourself?
>- Warranty does this effect you factory warranty (Don, any comments??)
>- For your new TAs, did you go with new wheels, or did you stick with
>15" stock wheels??
>
>I really love the ride of the stock suspension and would like to keep
>that smooth feel. Or at least be able to adjust the suspension to it.
>With your Koni's tuned soft, how close is the ride to the original?  I
>basically don't want to beat me or my passengers to death. Unless I
>choose to. :-)
>
>Thanks,
>
>Joe
 Joe, I have made a mistake and am going to post an apology to the VW
newsgroup also. After reading the VW Warranty Policy Guidebook I have been
totally wrong in degrading everyone who has attempted to upgrade their VW's
by performance chipping and other mods. I was told by my Service Manager
and VW OTS about aftermarket add-ons and warranty. I have since told my
superiors about what I read.   I will refer to everyone to page 14 of the
policy manual that "Any defect or malfunction caused by installation of
high performance parts" etc. will not be covered under warranty. My advice
to all interested that if you should install add-ons and your VW should
develop a problem and the result could be traced back to your add-on than
get your check book out!

Make the mods but leave the stickers off the car until warranty expires.
Remember you have a 100,000 mile powertrain coverage, and alot of parts are
covered.

Don