Neuspeed Jetta

Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     Just an interesting observation, Check out Nuespeeds own modified
     jetta at their web site  http://www.neuspeed.com/
     Notice that the photo of the engine compartment seems to show that the
     car is lacking a P-flow (cone style airfilter)!  Interesting
     advertizing stratagie.  I removed mine a while ago after all the talk
     that they don't really do much becuase of the hot air they draw in.  I
     have since switched back to the factory airbox with a few mods,
     removal of the large particle screen and the upper snorkel and put in
     an ABT free flowing air filter (a blue and yellow K&N basically).
     Feels great.  Save your money, friends don't let friends use
     P-flows,(too noisy also).  If you are also figuring out how to remove
     the top snorkel inside the air box (it's purpose is to reduce noise,
     with out it things are really not much noisier)  heat it with a hair
     dryer, spray WD40 between it and the sleeve it sits in, perhaps run a
     small screw driver between the two and then push it out from the
     inside out, if you have trouble heat more with the blow drier.(plastic
     expands when hot).  Good luck.
     andy