Clutch moaning sound

Andrew wrote:

>     intermitant, I took it to the dealer and got the ever popular "unable
>     to reproduce at this time"

This is really funny/sad - since the above line seems to be a favorite for
services nationwide.

Here's a sad service example: I reported that brake (fluid) light came on
during hard cornering (on an interstate ramp) and I also had problems with
alignment.

Dealer wrote "unable to reproduce at this time" for both items.
They claimed that the car was test driven around town and on the interstate.
Checking the odometer showed that car was driven for 0 miles.
They said: "Oh, it must have been some misunderstanding".

>So I'm hoping it isn't the clutch going
>     out, but I figure when it gets really bad it will be covered by the
>     10/100,000 and if it is the clutch I would say it was defective if it
>     only lasted 40,000 miles.  Anyone else?

My cluch made those funny sounds from the very beginning.
I have no clue if it would be covered under 10/100000 warranty.

It's not too bad, though, especially when compared with a horrendous sound
coming from rear wheels while braking in reverse.  "There is nothing we can
do", service representative told me off the record.  Service report said
"unable to reproduce at this time".  But of course.

Vojin