Re: Shifter Wobble

On Apr 2, 12:33pm, CHIP.SULCER.G4EH wrote:

> Subject: Re: Shifter Wabble
> My Jetta has for some reason always squeaked when taking off...It
> sounds similar to what you have experienced, but I believe mine is
> from the rear suspension.  There is a squeak, (like an old spring
bed)
> coming from that area, and I've heard it when going over speed
> bumps...I've never done anything about it, because I've planned on
> replacing the suspension anyway...
>
> chip (at work)

If you're all talking about the same thing that I think you're talking
about, I too have had this squeak on my '95 Jetta.  It has nothing to
do with the suspension, but rather the fold-down rear seats.  The
"stud" that the seat latches onto has a plastic sleeve, and this sleeve
seems to be producing the squeak.  A little WD40 did the trick.

As to the shifter wobble,  I have no idea if it's normal or not, but my
car does it too.

- --
|                       |              CAE Electronics Ltd  |
|     Kevin Randle      |                      PO Box 1800  |
|     randle@cae.ca     |  St Laurent, Qc, Canada  H4L 4X4  |
|                       |         (514) 341 2000  ext 2301  |