     _________________________________ Subject: Re: Shifter Wabble
     Author:  Non-HP-owner-jettaglx (owner-jettaglx@igtc.com) at
     HP-PaloAlto,mimegw6 Date:    4/2/97 8:41 AM

     >My Jetta has for some reason always squeaked when taking off...It
     sounds >similar to what you have experienced, but I believe mine is
     from the rear >suspension.

     I haven't noticed a squeak from the rear, but some strange sound can
     be heard when engaging in first and sometimes a second gear.  It comes
     from the front, a second or so after the gear was engaged.  I always
     thought it has to do something with a clucth.

     BTW, is the clutch really not adjustable on GLX?  I asked service
     couple of times, and they say it can not be adjusted since it's a
     hydraulic clutch.

     Vojin