Re: Suspension Impessions, and other questions...

     I ordered my SPAX kit from Ron's Auto Parts in Canada.  They were
     extremely friendly (I spoke with Ron himself) and informative.  Prices
     are fair and no sales tax!  I live about 15min from New Dimensions,
     they are good people too.  SPAX is really popular in the UK, where it
     is from.  How did you remove the snorkel from your airbox?  I have
     tried, but just short of breaking it or cutting, I haven't been able
     to remove it.  A little louder than stock appeals to me.  I have the
     spax kit and Neuspeed front and rear sways 25,28mm respectively.  The
     car handles very flat and depending on how the shocks are set I can
     make it oversteer, understeer, or neutral.  I have the rear bar set to
     the firmest setting because of the Jetta being heavier.  You wont
     believe the difference when you change the suspension!  If you do
     springs, and S&S you should really add an upperstrut tie bar in the
     front, you may not need the anti-sways, it is a matter of taste, I
     like them becuase I can keep my S&S set soft (3 out of 14) and still
     have really flat cornering, but you could get the same effect with no
     bars and just tighter S&S (which I did before I got the bars).  I
     haven't autocrossed, I live in Northern Californian and most races are
     quite a drive to get to, between work and my girlfriend, I haven't
     gone to one.  I assume that once I tried it I would be hooked.  I have
     a feeling though that the mods I have would bump me into a class that
     I would not be good enough to compete in, but the car sure is fun on
     the road, especially since I live just under the Santa Cruz mountains
     and the curvies are just a short drive away.
     andy