Re: Ainge Watch: Big News!

You see, Ray, this is how the media weasel words it when they find out they
had it all wrong. Every one of these trades Danny came out the winner on. He
neglected to mention that we also got Jiri, Dallas no. 1 and Chris Mills
contract that he thinks we should have gotten better on. And I don't still understand
how he thinks Williams/Battie for Ricky/Mihm is horrible. If we don't win on
that trade, at least call it a wash.  But the guy realized he had it wrong
about Danny so he tries to make it look like Danny is getting better or coming
around, especially since it looks like they are going to make the playoffs and
have the same basic record they were predicted to have prior to any of the
trades.....

DJessen33

<< ~ CBS Sportsline Praises Ainge:

 Item: To emphasize the need for a point guard to keep things together, the
Boston Celtics are 8-5 since Chucky Atkins took over. Atkins, if you'll
remember, came to the Celtics from the Detroit Pistons, the last part of the
three-way deal that sent Rasheed Wallace from Atlanta to the Pistons, with Bobby Sura,
Zeljko Rebraca and a No. 1 draft choice going to the Hawks.
 What it really means: Danny Ainge does have a plan in his reconstruction of
the Celtics. It's more than just giving Paul Pierce the ball and unloading
everybody else. He's picking up pieces of an infrastructure while hoping to build
through the draft. Sure, he went over the top. The deal that sent Eric
Williams and Tony Battie to Cleveland for Ricky Davis and Chris Mihm still looks
awful. And he probably should have done better for Antoine Walker than Raef
LaFrentz, but the key is he's not afraid to make moves. And the longer he does
this, the better he'll get. Getting Atkins and a first-round draft choice out of
the deal that sent a minimal talent in Mike James and zero in Chris Mills says
he's starting to figure it out. Besides, they're right on the brink of
slipping past the Cavs and back into the playoff picture anyway.