Re: DJessen Net game notes

Yes, Jefferson impressed me also. He definitely has improved his game up from
just being a defensive player who could drive and dunk....As for Banks, he
really does need to learn how to shoot the floater. He will be able to get that
shot any time he wants. But here is what typifies Banks. The Cs have an 18
point lead when Banks comes in in the second half. The Nets reel off two threes
to cut it to 12. The wheels are getting whobbly but instead of calling the best
play go to play you have, like PP in the box, Banks calls his own number and
takes it to the hole and gets it blocked. Marcus can get that shot anytime he
wants but the success rate is currently low. So as the point guard, think and
let someone carry the water. The only thing good about that deal is the big
time performers have such confidence in themselves, they just keep trying until
they reach success. I don't know if Banks will become a Marbury or will be
able to modify his game to become more team/play friendly. But like I said
before, let's just put him in the crockpot and percolate a little and see what we
have in a couple of years....As for Harris, it doesn't make any sense to me to
trade Ricky or multiple picks for another point guard. That is too much
investment for two years in a row. If he is available at our pick, maybe but it still
wouldn't make any sense to me when he should be investing in the
frontcourt.....

DJessen33

<< 46 minutes for Walter...I'm still shaking my head.

 The thing that struck me in the this game was the play of
 Richard Jefferson.  Why can't we get a guy like that?  He
 isn't particularly talented, but he's a good athlete and does
 everything you can do to be a good player in spite of it.
 He's aggressive, intelligent, always working hard to play
 well, and his fundamentals are rock solid.  After a game in
 which he basically matched Paul Pierce offensively, his
 comments in the locker room were all about missing
 "five or six" blockouts.  Talk about a guy who gets it.  Ray
 and everyone else were so right.  He's so much better than
 Kedrick Brown.  It wasn't just Obie's retarding Brown's
 development.  Banks, though, is a different story.  Playing
 behind a real point guard and with a real coach, he would
 definitely have been the most NBA ready of these year's
 points, except for the part about getting his shot off near the
 basket.  LOL....seriously, he did make some very nice passes
 in this game and I still like him long term better than Ridnour.
 Heinrich is another story.  Finally, on Devin Harris, keep him.
 Just another Mike James.  Forget the combo guards.  Play
 Chucky or someone like him, and Marcus big minutes behind.
 Get a rebounder / shot blocker in the draft, because you have
 to overpay when you buy them ready-made, and we're losing
 Mark Blount, that bum.  I can't even stand to look at him or
 Walter anymore.  Obie Delaga est.

 Josh >>