Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] DJessen Net game notes

In a message dated 3/27/04 7:42:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx writes:

> Walter shot (attempted) a gazillion threes last night....

Offensively, that's his game. That's what he does.

> The Cs could very well go 8-2 on these last ten games and end up just 4
> losses worst than last year,

I'm going to keep hope alive and pray that they go 9 - 1 to end up at exactly
.500. That would be remarkable considering where they were at the end of
January and just before the All Star break and the annual west coast roadie.
Chucky Atkins has made a world of difference.

> And all the fuss, hubbub, lamenting and gnashing of teeth over Obie leaving
> and the trades. Now do some of you feel a little silly?....

Nope.

I was tired of all the Obie bashing before he left and then after he left it
continued for a period of time from many of the same posters which I thought
was juvenile. Many of the same people that yearned for his head on a platter
then berated him for leaving.

re: Ainge's trades, I advocated the Ricky Davis trade after his last fallout
with Paul Silas so I was thrilled to see that deal. Still am. Have I mentioned
how much I love what Ricky Davis can do for this team lately ?

I can't say that I advocated the Chucky Atkins deal but I didn't bash it when
it was announced, either. Looking back, that was a HUGE deal in terms of
salvaging this season. Is there more than just a coincidence that Pierce's play
has improved of late since Atkins has come on board?  He's getting back closer
to his form of two years ago when there was another southpaw PG in green.

The only trade that I questioned was the Antoine trade. It may still work out
for the best. I just question if it was necessary to blow the roster up and
instead augment what the team already had. However, it's done. O'Brien's tenure
is done. I've moved on

In any event, my only other comment is "Just say ' NO '  to Nellie."

Nice guy. Former Celtic. Too old. "Mad Scientist" rep.  Bring on Paul
Westphal instead.

CeltsSteve

"Turn Ricky Loose!"