Couple of interesting tidbits from Sean Deveney's Column on Yahoo

I got this from the Celtics newsgroup. What you guys think?-Tony

                                                     From: "Robert Chin"
bchin_us@xxxxxxxxx

First one...

"The sudden emergence of PF Kwame Brown the past few weeks, including a
three-game run in which he averaged 26.0 points and 12.0 rebounds and shot
69.7 percent, raises an interesting question: Should the Wizards offer Brown
a contract extension this summer? He is in the third year of his rookie deal
and is eligible for an extension that would kick in after next season. If
Brown signs a contract based on his first three years of production, the
Wizards could get a bargain. But if Brown has a breakout year next season
and there is no extension in place, he would be a restricted free agent with
a big price tag. Most of Brown's 2001 draftmates won't get extensions --
many teams are willing to allow restricted free agents to test the market,
get an offer and match the offer."

Should the C's look at a Brown for Blount swap?

Second interesting item...

"After 2-1/2 years of handling PF Rasheed Wallace, Blazers coach Maurice
Cheeks has been jolted by the attitude and selflessness of new PF Shareef
Abdur-Rahim. When the Blazers acquired Abdur-Rahim in February, Cheeks
recognized that playing him out of position at small forward would create a
defensive liability and would rob Portland of using a wing player who could
run the floor well (SF Darius Miles has filled that bill). And Cheeks
certainly could not bench budding franchise player PF Zach Randolph.
Abdur-Rahim has accepted a role off the bench and has excelled, averaging
11.3 points and 5.6 rebounds in 26.3 minutes. The arrangement is not
permanent, though--the Blazers will attempt to find a new home for
Abdur-Rahim this summer."

Should the C's look to go after Abdur-Rahim?  I had soured a little on
Abdur-Rahim after being high on him several years ago.  Mostly because he
seemed not to have the kind of impact I had expected.  It is apparent that
he is not looking to be the "leading man".  However, he is still immensely
talented.  I remember vividly a game he played against the C's a few years
back where he made a certain former Celtic look like a high school baller.

So, would anybody do one or both?  Lets say we lose Blount, Stewart, Jones
and McCarty and pick up these two to replace them.  Does anyone think it
makes the C's better?  Are there any caplogist that could see a way that it
could happen, especially if the C's do get out from under Vin Bakers
contract?