Blount and Hunter

I am glad to see Blount getting more points by dunks.  He's learning how to slide into position.  In addition, his jumper and foul shoot are quite good.  Still, he drops or doesn't grab the ball far too often.  I would think that Perkins, should he have a good off-season, will be ready for half-time status by next January--quite a hopeful statement.  But, Blount will likely be gone and that's too bad.

Hunter, I think, Dan, has enormous "possible possibilities."  His clearing out the lane a few weeks ago prompted the resurgence in Blount's rebounding.  Without Hunter, we have one man going for offensive rebounds and Blount and Pierce doing well on the defensive boards.  Hunter didn't start disintegrating; the coach started demoting him.  I recognize his need to augment his offensive game, but he has the tools without a chance to develop them.  This guys got it, I think.  And I hope we will not be watching him blossom elsewhere.

Basically, I'm in agreement that Banks has shown some improvement and that Atkins plus Banks might be enough for now.  If Blount remains, if LaFrentz and Hunter share the PF, what more do we need but time?  And coaching.  Cheers, Gene

Do you Yahoo!?