re: Re: It Will Be A Great Off-Season For Ainge If

> In a message dated 3/20/04 6:07:02 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> wayray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > They can nab a lanky  PF prospect with their second or third first-rounder:
> >
> > Slokar - Morris - Turiaf - Torrin Francis (though his offense is very raw),
> > Dusan Sakota, Varejao, or Al Jefferson, who's not lanky but a great
> > scorer/rebounder.
> >
> > Ray
>

> Do you honestly feel that Jefferson will still be available late in the 1st?
> I'm not saying he will or he won't be but I have read he could just as easily
> end up being a lottery pick. Curious about your thoughts on him. He's raw but
> he could be a Karl Malone type only with better athleticism
>

> CeltsSteve
>
> "Turn Ricky Loose!"

I think he's smaller than Malone, more like a shorter Stoudamire I
would say.
Hard to tell where he goes - seems to be rated below  the main
group of high schoolers: Howard - Smith - Livingston - Telfair -
Aldridge.  The next group then: Marvin Williams -  Jefferson - Morris -
the 350-pound guy - Wright.  So, he might very well be there for the
Dallas or Detroit pick.  Depends greatly on workouts and tape measures.
Ray