Re: Dr. Brain earning his keep

You keep saying that Danny tried to trade Ricky as if it is some kind of horrible thing or admission of a mistake. Is the team we see on the floor the final product? Certainly not. So more moves need to be made. If indeed he did try to trade Ricky, the important question is What did he try and trade him for? You left this key part out, as is par forthe course for you when you are attacking Danny. Knowing what Ainge was trying to get back is a vital piece to being able to debate that trade.

Maybe he was trying to get back a young big man who can really play. Maybe he was trying to get some teams high first round draft pick. Maybe he was shopping him for a good PG and only went after Atkins after that deal fell through. So who was he trying to trade him for Egg? Do enlighten us.

From: Eggcentric@xxxxxxx
To: Kestutis.Kveraga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Dr. Brain earning his keep
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:58:12 EST

<Did I forget anything? > - Kestas

You sure are an attentive audience, Kestas. You havenbt passed over a
thing I have posted in the last six months and have now even graciously
credited me with several novel descriptions of our various players which
I have never posted. Seems like you have taken a compendium of the listbs
most negative remarks and attributed them to me. Pretty effective as it
now behooves me to individually address each, albeit briefly... ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

<I just would like to know one thing: is there anything good AT ALL about
this team, as far as you're concerned?>

Their uniforms are very green and very pretty.

< Banks is a shorter Joe Forte>

Only in personality, not in skill-set.

< Pierce is confused and drifting>

I have always been a huge Pierce supporter, albeit to a fault.

< Ricky is devil incarnate>

That is correct.

< Blount is mediocre and so out of here>

Blount is out of here, but not because he is mediocre.   He has played
pretty darn well this season causing me to not understand how so many
posters prefer Mihm.

< Mihm is stupid and can't play defense,>

That is also correct.   He is a most irritating player for coaches to
contend with.   He just doesnbt get it.

<Jumaine Jones is even worse>

Has anyone, including me, even thought about this guy in months let
alone posted anything about him? If youbll recall, Ainge originally had
Jones penciled in as our starting SF... that is until the coaches got
a glimpse of Jonesb work ethic and uneven talent.

<Hunter is limited >

Absolutely - which is why he is only effective against teams without
a dominant big man/men and why Carroll limits his minutes against
selected teams.   If webre talking a future championship caliber team,
he is hardly our ultimate answer at PF.

<Welsch is physically unable to handle the rigors of the NBA>

I have posted how much I like this guy... not one thing foolish about
him either on or off the court.

<McCarty is terrible>

Another faulty direct quote but whobs counting? Actually, you guessed
right in this case... I was appalled when Ainge re-signed Walter. But you
have to admit he actually fits the Ainge style better than many of the
talents
Ainge has brought in. and in the absence of Baker and LaFrentz good old
Walt has come in pretty handy especially when his shots are falling. He is
also a pleasant guy to have around,

<and Chucky is ... well, Chucky, the Rodney Dangerfield of point guards. >

Is this Dangerfield guy a PF, a SF, or an Olympic diver?   Havenbt
commented on Atkins ... he is what he is, a needed bandaid but not a
piece of any VISION future puzzle.   The fact that he and Walter are
important players on this team should give you some idea of the depths
unto which we have sunk.

<Did I forget anything?>

Yup, LaFrentz (whom I have praised in past posts, surprise, surprise),
Kendrick (whom I have mentioned looks like a very good draft choice, is a
nice kid, and whom I expect big things from in a few years), and Yogi
Stewart (who has not been worthy of discussion).

<Oh yes, they're being coached by an idiot the players have no
respect for>

What I actuaIly said (prior to you trapping me into this response, but
I still love you, Kestas), was that Dannybs dumb pro-lottery comments had
turned out to be brilliant causing his players to bond with and go to war
for Carroll after initially disrespecting him. Seems to me Carroll is doing

a pretty damn good job of slowly integrating a more up-tempo style with
decent defense while gradually gaining the respect of his players.

< and their GM is a mendacious, duplicitous, backstabbing scoundrel who
can't make up his mind whom to piss off next. This is a team that just won
6 straight, but nobody will ever sign with them as an FA.   No decent coach
will agree to coach this team because of the angel-faced Satan
in the front office and the meddling, condescending   social climbers who
overpaid for this franchise so that they could brag about their trophy to
their VC buddies. >

Danny doesnbt try to piss off people; it just sort of comes naturally to
him
through his runaway mouth and propensity for the expedient fib. Did you
know that he vigorously attempted to trade Mihm as well as Davis prior
to the deadline? Nothing wrong with that except once again he flat out
denied it through the company line that umpteen teams were actually
seeking these playersb services. Think Mihm and Davis actually believe him?

Thatbs the Danny so many of the players, coaches, and BTbs around
the league as well as the national media have come to know.   A few days
ago, MarkP asked the question, bWhy the Ainge Hatred?b   Far as Ibm
concerned, the answer is so obvious that the question never needed asking.
Those who have dealt with Danny simply do not trust him.

I agree with Chad Ford in approving of what Danny has attempted to do
in theory. I never cared much for Walker or the Obie system but I couldnbt
help but sympathize with each over being treated so shabbily. Itbs the
arrogant, insensitive manner in which Ainge has gone about things that
has lit my fire while so many of you have chosen instead to place
the blame on Obie, Harter, Pierce, Carroll ... anyone but Danny.

Egg

Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx