Re: questions about the lakers game

On Mar 10, 2004, at 9:58 PM, ryan nelson wrote:

So I went to the bar around the corner again tonight and saw the second
half, and have a bunch of questions:

Ryan -- i'll take a shot. see answers below

1. Where was hunter? Seriously, why was he not in the game. I have
not looked at the stats but it seemed like we were getting killed on the
offensive boards. Jumaine Jones even played in the second half but not
hunter. I don't get it. Do you think carroll made a deal with ainge
that if he loses enough to get a high draft pick, ainge will hire him
full time?

Hunter didn't play b/c Caroll is an idiot.

2. Why did Jiri not play in the second half until 6 minutes left in the
game?? This made no sense. What is going on?

Caroll is an idiot, for starters. Throw in the fact that Caroll is an idiot and you've got all you need to know.

3. Ricky Davis trying to go through the legs on a breakaway was the
most ridiculous play I have ever seen in the NBA. What was tommy
saying? Seriously, red must be rolling over in his grave. Ok, that was
sacrilegious but you know what I mean. I still can not believe that
play. I was standing on a barstool in the middle of Philadelphia
yelling at ricky for that, unbelievable.

Tommy should have said "Caroll is an idiot"! At first i was a little miffed, but hey it was fun. I think he only did it b/c he saw -- and the replays showed -- that by the time he got to 1/2 court not one Laker moved down to defend him. He made an almost as fun dunk on his own rebound. He should have gotten yanked for a few minutes, but as I always say...Carroll is an idiot.

4. Shaq just killed blount. I don't know how you stop that guy. Maybe
throwing hunter out there would have been a good idea.

5.  did I mention hunter didn't play in the second half??  We really
could have won the game, ugh.  When is pierce going to play well again.

Did I mention Carroll is an idiot?

Not playing Hunter is just inexcuseable. He was averaging 12 rebounds for a stretch of 4 games (or so) and now he can't get in? Possession after possession last night (especially in the 4th quarter) the C's took a decent shot but missed (as any team is wont to do) and there was ABSOLUTELY NO rebounding. I think this is b/c most of the C's -- esp. Blount & McCarty -- have NO CLUE on how to box out...something Hunter is tremendously skilled at. I thought when Waltah came in at the 6 min mark, followed by Jones that Carroll was going to go deep into the bench since this was the back end of a back-to-back. But Hunter never got off the bench -- this despite the fact that Hunter was certainly fresher than Waltah having played only 7 minutes against the Knicks.

I'm done with John Carroll -- i used to, like Ryan, go down to the bar and watch the Celtics. I've done it through thick and (certainly through) thin. But I just can't take it anymore. Watching McCarty flail around while Hunter languishes on the bench is more than i can handle. After getting such a taste of the hustle, bustle, and talent Hunter brings to the table it makes victories like NY unenjoyable and losses like last night unfathomable.

And while we're on the subject of Carroll being an idiot...Shaq gets his first foul around the 9 minute mark and we don't start running plays right at him to pick up his 2nd foul?

John Carroll is an idiot. Ainge should fire him and let Lester Conner run the show, take it over himself or let Michael Stewart coach the team.

I hate John Carroll.

(the other) Mark