Marcus Fizer

The talk in Chicago is that the Bulls are about to waive Marcus Fizer to
make room for some undrafted rookie. I'm not a huge Fizer fan, but he's
definitely worth picking up for nothing. I view him a little like
Corliss Williamson - very effective against certain matchups, not
effective against others. He's a tough guy. He's not a small forward,
and the Bulls have wasted a lot of time trying to make him one. I think
he's one of those guys who has real value off the bench. If you're
trying to collect talent, as Ainge is, and you can get Fizer for
nothing, don't you do it?

I don't know his contract details. Most teams probably will try to let
him clear waivers and sign him to a new deal. If the contract isn't too
bad, though, I'd consider claiming him off waivers. Unfortunately, some
other team worse than the C's probably will do the same thing.

Anyway, something to watch.

Mark