Interest in Blount Mucho High

Sean Deveney
Sporting News

The numbers are modest, but the interest in Celtics C Mark Blount is high. He has a player option on his contract, and he'll exercise it at the end of the season. He's a solid rebounder and excellent defender, and all the work he put in on his midrange jumper is paying off. "If you need a guy to just hold down that five spot, especially in the East, he's perfect," says one Eastern Conference G.M. "I'd expect a team like Orlando to make a pitch to him." . . .

(I too believe Orlando will make a strong pitch for him - Now if the Celtics
could ever mellow him out a bit and have him agree to a sign and trade
to Orlando {thus earning him more than the MLE}, perhaps a Drew Gooden
could be in the Celtics future - Davis and Blount for Gooden et al.?)