playoffs?

   Seems to me that what the team is doing right now works out both ways.  You play the kids and tinker with next year's combinations, thus satisfying those who want to develop the youngsters.  Good thing.  BUT such a team may or may not make the playoffs, despite working very hard.  And if it does make the playoffs, it probably won't go far, but we'll get the intangibles of post-season play.  Sure, we miss the slight chance of a top 3 pick, but we didn't have that anway, and remember last time we tried for a top three pick?  We still haven't recovered.  And we win a first-round series?  Hunter will be at training camp a week before it opens!