Re: O'Brien

On Friday, January 9, 2004, at 04:23 PM, Dan Forant wrote:

Why couldn't they handle it? Are they babies or adults? Are they having a
love in with OB?

DanF

Well I don't know about a "love-in" but Obie is one of the only guy's left since Pierce's drafting. I have no clue how Pierce would react to Obie being fired but I believe that Pierce respects the guy and plays hard for him. Those two have been through a lot together (Pitino, knifing,Thanksdad, Baker,Walker,Ainge,being up 2-1 in the ECF,etc) so it figures that there would be some emotional ties. Jeez, just thinking about it, this team is a freaking soap opera. All we need now is some soft lighting and a bit of gel on the lens. If Danny makes another trade we might even have a murder mystery on our hands...

----- Original Message -----
From: "lapdoggy"

It's an interesting topic. Danny must have a short list of guys in his
desk drawer that he would love to bring in. As much as he's fiddled
with this team already you'd be crazy not to think he doesn't. Though
with all of the change already this year I don't think the remaining
players could handle it.