Time for a checkup from Dr. Jessen

Time for a checkup from Dr. Jessen:

James-surprise
If James was the backup point, what he was hired to be, he would be
considered to be a heck of a player. He looks like has improved the last few games,
which I believe is because he is finally getting over his high ankle sprain. He
is what he is, a poor man's starter or a great backup although his value is
probably amplified in Obieball. But he is so much better than Delk and his
leadership and poise have been a great help and a surprise.

Banks-disappointment
The potential is not a disappointment and is sky high. But the fact that a
four year senior who played point guard in college seems to need to learn some
point guard fundamentals is a disappointment.

Welsch-surprise
The shooting, the fundamentals and the defense, all are a surprise for a
player who was a minor in a big trade (although Danny may say this isn't true) and
is basically a rookie.

Davis-incomplete
I would say that the fact that he yet hasn't taken over a game offensively is
a disappointment. But I don't think the Cs know how to use him yet. I have
been surprised by his passing, fundamentals and rebounding. The kid still has
untapped potential and I think could be an all-star in time.

PP-disappointment
Yeah, he is playing like a top ten player. But we expect that. His turnovers
and propensity to try to do it all himself has to be considered a
disappointment.

Walta-surprise
His three-point shooting thing that he has got going on is a surprise. But
how long can it go on?

Baker-disappointment
This would have been a surprise if performed a month ago. How anyone could
screw around losing 30 million dollars or his ability to play a kid's game for
money is beyond rationality. But man is in a fallen state and my feet are too
small to fit in Vin's shoes.

JJ-disappointment
This boy just can't get into the groove. I think he just doesn't have the
defensive quickness or the desire to fit on this team. For a guy who was supposed
to be the starter (at small forward before we went back to Obieball), he
hasn't fit the bill.

Hunter-incomplete
Hopefully, this will change soon

Perkins-incomplete
Ditto for the above

Blount-surprise
We know what to expect from Mark. However, the offensive improvement,
although nothing to write home about, has been a pleasant surprise. He still isn't a
rebounder, a box player and doesn't finish well, etc. but we knew that. But
the rolling hook and the consistant 10 foot jumper is a surprise.

Mihm-surprise
The toughness, rebounding, finishing ability and shotblocking is all a
surpise, considering his earlier soft tag and the fact that the Cavs gave up this
young, seven-footer so easily. He easily should become the starter once Obie
starts to understand that when you offensive rebound, you get the ball back for
another chance at a three.

LaFrentz-disappointment
While he turned out to be a better player than I expected because of his
solid fundamentals, he is a disappointment due to his injury. Hopefully, this
won't be a long term thing. Positively thinking, perhaps he can make it back for
the playoffs.

Mills-no comment

Stewart-incomplete
He was just a throwin but his value will increase next year when he is on the
last year of his contract.

Obie-disappointment
I could change this grade at the end of the year and I hope I do. I am
disappointed now because of the move toward Obieball and the fact that Obie hasn't
tried Hunter or Perkins. I know both guys are long shots at this point and
maybe I don't have the patience of Obie. But Danny has made it clear what style he
wanted to play. Giving up rebounding for three point shooting doesn't make
sense to Tommy or me. We just don't know if Obie plays it this way because
LaFrentz and Baker (in top form) aren't available and Hunter/Perkins aren't ready
or that he really prefers Obieball, like his history. My hope is that Hunter or
Perkins get some time, he plays Mihm and Blount together more and Obie shows
us he isn't a gimmick coach.

Danny-surprise
The upgrade in talent and potential from a year ago is amazing. We are
starting to see what Danny is putting together. The two rookies, Perkins and Banks,
still have yet to convince us where they fit in. But Welsch, Davis, PP,
LaFrentz and Mihm are a great core to build around. And we have four rookies coming
in the next draft which is exciting, not to mention a potential free agent. We
can't evaluate this year's draft until perhaps the middle of next year but
regardless, Danny has come up smelling like a rose in all areas. He didn't hit
on JJ but we didn't give up anything anyways and he makes so little money and
is young, he easily can be included in a trade. James and Blount for baby
dollars was a winner and I think we hit bigtime on both of the big trades. We are
in a good shape capwise comparitively, have a barn of young, undeveloped
talent, future picks and we are in the playoffs. I would say that is a surprise.

DJessen33