pheonix trade idea

from David Aldridge's chat:

> J.T. (Los Angeles): Hi DA, If anyone can clear this up, you can. Will
> the Suns have enough cap room to pursue Kobe Bryant in the off-season?
> I've read varying amounts of $10-12 million to as much as $20 million
> of cap space this summer. Thanks.
> David Aldridge: (2:34 PM ET ) The real number is around $8 million,
> because they'll have to pay two first-round picks next season, and at
> least one of those will be a lottery pick. Now, if they could find
> takers for a guy like Jahidi White--or even Eisley--that number would
> go up and they would be a player for Kobe.

what i'd suggest then is a Mills for Jahidi White trade.

Phoenix would do it b/c it increases the chances they can land Kobe and
they don't have to give up much to do that.  I'd push for a swap of the
Dallas & New York picks since this clearly helps Phoenix more
immediately.

White's a FA next summer -- along with Yogi -- so we give up the poss.
of getting a mid-level exception FA this summer for getting one next
summer (and being in a slightly better position to evaluate what we
need with (a) LaFrentz back, and maybe (b) Obie gone.  In the meantime
White's a decent rebounder and a front line of Pierce-White-Mihm would
be a good rebounding one.

it wouldn't make us finals contenders but would (a) take away another
reason to play Waltah and (b) make us bigger FA players the following
summer -- when there may no longer be a lux tax.

(the other) mark